Red wine is an exquisite beverage. Kings have been feasting on great wines for many years and our opportunity to taste the style of kings is not to be taken lightly. Today the world of wine is more evolved than ever. Beyond the Old World wine regions such as France’s regions there are new wild wine making regions that put an end to France’s monopole.
California red wine is by now among the best in the world, with the famous Napa Valley ranking high in world competitions. Other, more special regions exist, such as New Zealand and South Africa. Both work to create new wine types and enhance the world of wine.
What is the best red wine to drink by itself
First of all you need to figure out what you like. If you’re fond of meaty, dry, powerful red wines you won’t like light wine even if it’s the best bottle in the world. Ultimately it’s all a matter of preference. Yet it’s a vast world and few people have a chance to taste each and every wine bottle in existence.
Second of all you need to know what’s available to you. It’s no point trying to find a 15 year old Port wine if there’s no Port wine to speak of where you live. There are many red wines good without a meal. Some comely examples are Australian Shiraz and Argentinian Malbec.
Australian Shiraz is increasingly popular among wine lovers for it’s affordable price and good punch. There are four styles of Australian Shiraz, grown over the entirety of the continent. The wine types vary in that one is spicy and has black pepper flavors, it comes from Victoria. One is concentrated and strong, originating in the Barossa Valley, one is smooth with red cherry flavors, as shown in Clare Valley and last but not least earthy reds of Hunter Valley wrap up the Shiraz wine types.
Malbec has originated as a minor blend wine from Bordeaux French wine region. Argentina has taken this wine and made herself it’s home. Malbec can develop high tannins and good acidity when grown in higher altitudes. And juicy, light, young wines when grown in lower altitudes. Malbec’s most common flavors are cherries, currants and plums.
Best Italian wine to drink by itself
Italian wine has a way of creeping up on everybody’s table at some point. There are a few very famous Italian red wines. Barolo and Barbaresco are the strong, highly tannic noble Italian wines. In some places people drink Italian Barbera while waiting for Barolo or Barbaresco.
In truth Barbera has been an inferior wine compared to the others and, thus was used as a stand-alone wine best served before the great wines. However nowadays Barbera is very meticulous and is very dark, complemented by cherry flavors. It is also a great food and wine matching choice.
Another popular choice of red wine to drink by itself is the California Pinot Noirs and Cabernets. Most California red wine is lighter-bodied than California white Chardonnay. This makes for refreshing selections whenever you’re not in the mood for highly tannic, strong wines such as the Italian red wines.
- California Red Wine Types - Today the world of wine revolves around two major types of producers. First you have the Old World which consists of France, Italy, Germany and the like. Then you have the New World with New Zealand, South Africa and California....
- Banrock Station Wetland Centre – Red Wine and White Wine Types - Banrock Station has had serious drawbacks during the past 2 centuries. Situated in South Australia, roughly 200km north east from the Adelaide at the Kingston-on-Murray. The people are known to have maintained a close and beneficiary relationship with the environment...
- Italian Red Wine Types - The Italians are masters of wine making, and since the time of Rome they have indulged in this fine art. Thus, they have many great recipes that could bewilder the minds of many. However the Italians are not very fond...
- Wine Making – Grape Harvesting and Grape Varieties Used for Making Homemade Wine - Wine making is a popular activity among wine lovers. The satisfaction you get when you successfully grow your own grapes and make your own wine is unexplainable. Needless to say, most wine lovers who get started in winemaking never grow...
- French Wine Cellar Storage – What are the Best Temperature, Sunlight and Humidity Levels - Wine storage is something that you either do right, or don’t do at all. To be able to cellar wine effectively you must have unadorned stable conditions. If you don’t take care so that your hard earned french wine bottles...